Re: [Orgmode] How to align table in org-mode with Unicode characters, li

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] How to align table in org-mode with Unicode characters, like Chinese
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 17:04:45 +0100

filebat Mark <address@hidden> writes:

please, search the list before posting.

> Hi AllI fail to align table which has Chinese, while English
> characters work very well.Below is the sample. Is there any setting
> can save me out of this annoying problems?| 编号 | 姓名     | 分数 ||
> 1 | 张三     |   80 |

> |    2 | 欧阳友人 |   90 ||    3 | 李四     | 75   |Thanks very much
> for your attentions.-- Thanks & RegardsDenny Zhang
FAQ:

the table editor works fine if each Chinese character is an integer
number of ASCII characters wide [1]. So you need to find a Chinese font that
does have this property. No chance that will ever make this work for
fonts that do not have this property.

- Carsten
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2009-02/msg00323.html

[1]
Org is smart enough to deal with integer width characters (quite a feat
already, I assure you), but it cannot and likely never will handle
variable width fonts.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2008-10/msg00326.html

cheers,

Giovanni