Re: [Orgmode] Re: Writing a dissertation using org-mode

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Writing a dissertation using org-mode
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 23:54:19 +0000

> I have to agree with Torsten: I'd write the thesis directly in LaTeX,
> only because of the power of AUCTeX and RefTeX (and preview, if you
> have lots of plots and math).

For me, org-mode's power overwhelms what auctex brings to the show.
Not having to worry about any \begins etc not only keeps the text
cleaner, it helps me in my continuing battle against RSI!

However, I do agree that reftex is particularly useful and I do miss
some aspects of it.

The preview aspects will of course depend on the topic of the thesis!

> Just one remark on Sven's last point: Having the TODO item in your
> agenda when you're in the library only helps if you have access to
> your org-files ...

What??  You sometimes don't have access to your org-files?  I could
not function in this way any more!  ;-)