[Orgmode] Re: New Org-mode talk by Carsten Dominik

From: Tom
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: New Org-mode talk by Carsten Dominik
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 17:03:48 +0000 (UTC)

Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:

> The problem I see here is that if a new user downloads Emacs,
> it will have white background and only default colors.

For every face you can define colors for light and dark background:

background: The kind of background—either light or dark.
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/elisp/html_node/Defining-Faces.html#Defining-
Faces

So there should be two color schemes: one for light and one for dark
background and emacs would use the first one for the default light
background.