[Orgmode] Newbie question: mobileorg and org-mode configuration

From: Neil Hepburn
Subject: [Orgmode] Newbie question: mobileorg and org-mode configuration
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 17:07:34 -0700

Hi All

I am a new user to org-mode and was almost immediately hooked. (I'm also a
relatively recent convert to emacs and Aquamacs.) I went out and fetched the
mobileorg app for my iPod touch from the Apple appstore and now I'm rapidly
losing what's left of my hair - doh!

Anyhow, I have org-mode working happily in Aqumacs emacs but I can't seem to
get things to work with org-mobile.  Here's the basics of my setup

-my .org files reside in a folder on my iDisk so that I can sync them between
my laptop and my desktop. That all works swell

-I have mobileorg on my iPod set to hit my idisk account and that works fine.

The problem I am having is figuring out the configuration stuff in my
Preferences.el file. Here's a copy of the relevant section

(setq org-mobile-directory "/Volumes/nhepburn/org/stage/")
(setq org-mobile-files (quote("/Volumes/nhepburn/org/todo.org"
"/Volumes/nhepburn/org/teaching.org" "/Volumes/nhepburn/org/research.org")))
(setq org-mobile-inbox-for-pull "/Volumes/nhepburn/org/transit.org")
(add-hook 'org-mobile-post-push-hook
(lambda () (shell-command "scp -r /Volumes/nhepburn/org/stage/*
address@hidden:mobile/")))
(add-hook 'org-mobile-pre-pull-hook
(lambda () (shell-command "scp address@hidden:mobile/mobileorg.org
/Volumes/nhepburn/org/stage/ ")))
(add-hook 'org-mobile-post-pull-hook
(lambda () (shell-command "scp /Volumes/nhepburn/org/stage/mobileorg.org
address@hidden:mobile/")))

my *.org files for org-mode reside in ../org/ while the mobile files reside in
../org/stage/

I've scoured the Org-mobile manual, trolled through the mailing list archive,
and spent countless hours doing google searches. Can someone suggest the right
bit of stuff to put in here and then how to make org-mode in Aquamacs push to
and pull from my mobileorg stuff?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Neil