Re: [Orgmode] Showing scheduled blocked tasks [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Showing scheduled blocked tasks [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:56:00 +0530

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 7:04 AM, Matthew Phillips wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to get a TODO tags view in my daily agenda just shows
> the first TODO of a “Project” (a la the “next action” in GTD).
> This allows me to have a TODO “tags” block in my custom agenda
> that doesn’t run to several pages: I just see the next action for
> each project, and, as each action is marked DONE, the next one
> pops up.

have you considered using org-depend? this is what i use for almost
exactly what you described:

1. a project has several TODOs
2. the first TODO (manually) is assigned a TRIGGER property with
   "chain-siblings(NEXT)" as value
3. as this task is marked DONE, the one below is switched to NEXT
   state and also gets the property
4. switching to NEXT causes org-todo-state-tags-triggers to tag the
   task with NEXT tag
5. a custom agenda view adds a block of these NEXT tasks

hth
--
manish