[Orgmode] suggestion: display of #+TITLE

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] suggestion: display of #+TITLE
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:25:11 -0400

Might it be worth considering a special display for the #+title line in
org buffers?

Currently it is easy for the title to get buried among more technical
configuration lines like #+options, #+startup, #+seq_toto etc. One can
take the approach of leaving #+title at the top of the document, and
moving the other config lines elesewhere, but even so I am wondering
whether anyone else is attracted by the idea of providing an org-title
display property that would hide the #+title: component, and use an
appropriate face for the title text.

In some ways, the current state gives the impression that the title is
something which becomes important during export, but is not really a key
component of document when it is being viewed in emacs. For example, I
expect others are familiar with the experience of exporting an org file
without a title, finding that the first heading has been used as a
title, and then going back to add in the title as an afterthought. But a
title is an important part of a document, and I thought perhaps a
special title display would help to make the title more of a first class
citizen in org buffers?

Dan