Re: [Orgmode] Showing scheduled blocked tasks [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Showing scheduled blocked tasks [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 06:59:01 +0100

On Mar 17, 2010, at 1:53 AM, Matthew Phillips wrote:

On 16/03/2010, at 6:21 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Mar 16, 2010, at 1:36 AM, Matthew Phillips wrote:

On 16/03/2010, at 12:24 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

On Mar 15, 2010, at 1:23 AM, Matthew Phillips wrote:

<snip>

So, is there any way I can use a custom skip function in the TODO block to remove blocked tasks? Is there a way of getting the blocked status of a task from such a function?

Yes, BLOCKED is a virtual property which does this. I think you can just do a tags/property/todo search like this

"-BLOCKED/+TODO”

That query still shows the blocked tasks, unfortunately.

My mistake:

+BLOCKED<>"t"/+TODO

This means that the BLOCKED property should not be equal to “t”.

Hmm, the following query still does not work (still shows greyed blocked tasks)

 (tags "+BLOCKED<>\"t\"/+TODO")

And using "+BLOCKED=\"t\"/TODO" selects nothing.

I just tested it, and this is working properly for me.  Are you
running a recent version of Org-mode?  The BLOCKED property was
only added in 6.34.

- Carsten