Re: [Orgmode] org-mode on iPhone or Android: recommendations?

From: Matthew Jones
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-mode on iPhone or Android: recommendations?
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 11:22:39 -0400

Hi Martin, I'm working on the Android port of MobileOrg.  Currently it is in an early alpha stage and has very limited features.  The goal is to reach feature parity with the iPhone and then to extend it and add niceties like a Widget that would let you view your agenda.  Another poster mentioned using the N900 which is a great option if you want a full blown emacs and org-mode at your fingertips.

The goal of MobileOrg (at least from my perspective) is not to implement 100% of Org's features (since I'm not interested in porting emacs itself), but rather to make MobileOrg a good compliment to Org on your workstation.

There's a certain core set of features that will be implemented and then based on community feedback, that can be extended.  Right now it is fairly useful for staying synchronized on your mobile device but without the ability to change task states or push new notes back to the server... that's what I am currently working on.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me, or if you want to get involved or check out the code, or run it through an emulator to get a feel for it then you can grab the source from github at: http://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android

73,
Matthew W. Jones (KI4ZIB)
http://matburt.net