Re: [Orgmode] ordered list items start with letters?

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] ordered list items start with letters?
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 06:54:45 -1000

On Mar 22, 2010, at 3:23 AM, Xiao-Yong Jin wrote:

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:08:36 +0100, David Maus wrote:

Xiao-Yong Jin wrote:
Hi, is it possible to use a single letter to start an
ordered list item?  Such as

a) first
b) second?

No, not yet.  Although sometimes I would like have single letter
lists.

The question would be:  What to do when we reach z)?

Simply print out a message saying we have reached maximum
number of items possible?  I guess usually we don't need to
count to 'z' for such kind of lists.
--
J    c/*    __o/*
X    <\     * (__

Aloha all,

Here is an error message raised with a 27 item list in LaTeX:

ERROR: LaTeX Error: Counter too large.

--- TeX said ---

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.31 \item ?

--- HELP ---
1. Some object that is numbered with letters, probably an item in a
enumerated list, has received a number greater than 26. Either you're
making a very long list or you've been resetting counter values.

2. Footnotes are being ``numbered'' with letters or footnote symbols
and LaTeX has run out of letters or symbols. This is probably caused
by too many \thanks commands.

All the best,
Tom