Re: [Orgmode] Basic orgmode tutorial

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Basic orgmode tutorial
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 15:51:57 -0500

I'll also take a look and see what I think. Just been using org-mode and learning for about a week. Thanks for your efforts on this! While some have pointed out that org-mode may never be for a 'beginner', I still think allowing others to have the best chance possible to evaluate it and at least give it a shot is great.

John

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Adam <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tuesday 23 March 2010 06:59 am, Alexander Poslavsky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> lately there is some talk about a basic org-mode tutorial. Something
> simpler then the documentation, that will help a person new to emacs and
> org-mode start using org. I would like to put the following on worg, if
> people would think something like this would fit the bill. What do you
> think? If the response is positive then I would add more chapters to it.
>
> greetings,
>
> alex

Timely, Alex.  The learning curve is a little steep for some of us
org-mode newbies. Have been through the FAQ but its the basics,
and interaction with diary, and calendar, and a few other things.

I'll take a look and maybe get back with thoughts. Thanks.