[Orgmode] Re: dangling clock message might be incomprehensible to a few

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: dangling clock message might be incomprehensible to a few users
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:34:25 +0100

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Clemente wrote:
>>> " [(kK)p (sS)ub (C)ncl (i)gn]? ")
>>>
>>> Some users might ask:
>>> kp=?  Keep?  Keep what?
>>> sub=subtract what from what?
>>> cncl=cancel command?  Why "C" only?
>>> ign=ignore what?   Why "i" only?
>
> I also think that interface is difficult to understand. Maybe we should
> detail the texts for an easy one.

I'm quite new to (really) clocking my time (4 weeks or so). But I must admit I
never know what to answer to the above question, when presented to me.

I did not take time to look at it further, being completely under pressure and
stress this month. And I currently resolve it by diff'ing my Org times that
are under SVN... But that's not clean.

> It should express the actions in words that match the user's intention. For
> instance,
> - account some minutes to that task
> - set end time for that task
> - discard that partial clocking
> - do nothing and leave dangling clock

For sure, better words should be chosen. Maybe an extra option (`?') could be
added for describing, in one sentence (like you do here), what every possible
answer really means.

Thanks,
  Seb

--