Re: [Orgmode] Basic orgmode tutorial

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Basic orgmode tutorial
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:18:48 -0500

Carsten,

I discussed this with a few users off an on.

In the manual there are items required to setup org, keybindings, etc.

The idea would be to include:

 - An Agenda file, which loads by default
 - Init file which
   - Preconfigured keybindings
   - Remember keybinding for basic todo to agenda file
   - Configured auto-mode-alist
   - Recommended Global key maps

They are all basic items to an experienced emacs user, but a new user
doesn't understand why they have to go edit the config file and make
changes. Their emphasis is on they want to run "Org-mode", not "Emacs
with Org-mode".

Perhaps an install script which sets the file association for .org in
whatever OS they are installing to. Option icon to load straight to
agenda view...

Just a few idea that have been bantered around, I suspect all of those
could be performed with a script as opposed to redistributing emacs.

Thanks.