Re: [Orgmode] hyperlink to IMAP email

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] hyperlink to IMAP email
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:54:07 -0500

<snip>
I presently use thunderbird as my email client and it doesn't support this, I've
looked at several other linux email clients and they do not support this either.

Does anyone know of an email client that can be invoked from the command line to
open up at a specific IMAP email?   How do the org-mode  users link to their
IMAP mail?

I haven't looked at this in a while, but years ago I wanted the exact same thing for Thunderbird, but could not find out how to do it. I did put together something that did this very smoothly with Outlook, but that is not going to help you.

I will be watching this thread to see if anyone has any good idea.

Does any of this change with Thunderbird 3, I wonder?

--Erik