Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org mode and emacs email

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org mode and emacs email
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 10:55:48 -0600

At this point it feels somewhat more like voting rather than a
discussion, but I feel compelled to say...

  +1 for gnus!

Gnus has far and away the biggest user base, the best support, and is
the most actively developed (as far as I can tell VM -- which I used for
a couple of years-- is a dead project).  Gnus is distributed with Emacs
and all of it's mime and message handling libraries are distributed with
Emacs.

The config can be daunting if you don't have any help, however there are
many friendly people on this list who I'm sure would be happy to share
their gnus imap config (please feel free to contact me off list), and
once you have the basics working it's really a joy to use.

Just my personal subjective biased opinion :) -- Eric