Re: [Orgmode] Re: Can't import a remote reference to a whole column in o

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Can't import a remote reference to a whole column in orgtbl
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 08:47:56 +0200

On Apr 3, 2010, at 7:24 PM, Ismael Barros² wrote:

My bad, I should have googled harder :)

Just out of curiosity: is this limitation there by design, or is it
waiting for some workforce to complete it? I finally just copy+pasted
the columns I needed, but being able to import whole rows/columns
would be incredibly useful.

There is actually now a way to do tis - even though it is inefficient. To copy column 2 from table FOO into column 3 of the current table, use

 #+TBLFM: $3=remote(FOO,@@#$2)

This is now possible due to a patch by Michael Brand:

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/22930

It works well, but it is inefficient because this formula will
parse the FOO table again for each field to be copied.

HTH

- Carsten

Regards,
Ismael

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Giovanni Ridolfi