[Orgmode] Re: org-protocol and web links

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-protocol and web links
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 16:14:59 -0400

Hi Richard,

Richard Riley <address@hidden> writes:

> Does anyone have a "w" template  which can  store a hot link using the
> page title (not just the url) in addition to the selection under the
> title line? The problem I find is that I havent got the combo right to
> do this : if I select something on a conkeror page and then call
> org-remember the selection becomes the %c which is usually used to store
> an encoded title and url org link.
>
> e.g I want my new org item first line to be something like the following
> if I invoke org-remember from conkeror on a web page having first
> hilited "blah blah" somewhere on the page

With the following org-remember-template:

(setq org-remember-templates
      '(
        ;; other templates here
        ("protocol" ?w "* %c\n %U\n\n %i" nil bottom nil)
        ))

I get the following when I select text on the org-mode home page in
conkeror and call org-protocol-remember (which I have bound to C-c r in
conkeror):

* [[http://orgmode.org/][Org-Mode: Your Life in Plain Text]]
 [2010-04-06 Tue 16:07]

 Org-mode is for keeping notes, maintaining ToDo lists, doing project
 planning, and authoring with a fast and effective plain-text system.

What do you have in your conkerorrc? I'm currently using the setup I put
up on the org-protocol page on Worg:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-protocol.php#sec-8.1

Best,
Matt