[Orgmode] org-mode (recent git) tries to open .c and other plaintext fil

From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
Subject: [Orgmode] org-mode (recent git) tries to open .c and other plaintext file:// links with less on debian
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 17:46:41 +0200

Hi!

I just wondered why my file links to c-sources would not work any more:

[[file:~/anon-vc/emacs/src/emacs.c::fatal_error_signal%20sig][file:~/anon-vc/emacs/src/emacs.c::fatal_error_signal
 sig]]

until I looked what org-open-file does with edebug and noticed it
tries to handle the file according to its mailcap entry.

Which is, on my debian testing systems:

text/plain; less '%s'; needsterminal

which makes a lot of sense when I try to open a plaintext file
attachment e.g. with mutt.

>From emacs, not so good.

Indeed, M-x list-processes lists a less process:

Proc                                     Status   Buffer Tty        Command
less /home/fdf/anon-vc/emacs/src/emacs.c run      (none) /dev/pts/6
/usr/bin/zsh -c less /home/fdf/anon-vc/emacs/src/emacs.c

--
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <address@hidden>
                             TauPan on Ircnet and Freenode ;)