[Orgmode] Re: [BUG] revering agenda files

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [BUG] revering agenda files
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 17:20:51 -0400

Łukasz Stelmach <address@hidden> writes:

> Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Łukasz Stelmach <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I'm not quite sure it is bug indeed but org-mode stops working as usual
>>> when you change the agenda files behind the scenes.
> [...]
>> My solution to this is
>>
>> (global-auto-revert-mode t)
>>
>> So if there are no modified buffers and the agenda file changes
>> externally it just automatically updates to what is on disk.  That got
>> rid of the annoying message for me.
>
> I don't want to get rid of those messages completely. Couple of times
> they saved my work (at least) and I don't need to revert org-mode
> buffers that often to feel anoyed by two or three questions. However,
> I'd like them to be asked in one row.

It only gets rid of the questions for buffers that are not modified.
It won't revert buffers if it destroys unsaved changes.
ie. if you modify an agenda file without changing it, then modify the
one on disk then you still get the question as you do now.

It only eliminates the questions for all of your agenda files that are
already saved to disk -- if the disk file changes we just update the
buffer in emacs too.

-Bernt