Re: [Orgmode] pages properties in agenda

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] pages properties in agenda
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 08:13:01 +0200

Hi Shepagh

On Apr 11, 2010, at 2:59 AM, Shelagh Manton wrote:

I have been using the org-learning module in some study and while it is
quite useful as it is, I was thinking that I might improve my use by a
special agenda command that could pull out and display a property.

Use case:

I use the org-learning to re-read sections of a book I am studying. And so I have a :PAGES: property with the page numbers of the section I am to read. Specially if I bomb out on remembering what I am supposed to know!

I was wondering if I could create a custom agenda command that would
display the page numbers from that property so that I can just open the book up at the relevant pages for immediate study instead of going to the relevant todo, opening up the drawer and seeing what the page numbers are?

No.

But you can create a sparse tree based on a tags match or however else you
can tell that you need to repeat that section.
Then switch to column view, and make sure the page number shows up in
the column view format.

HTH

- Carsten