[Orgmode] Re: Loosing tasks with remember

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Loosing tasks with remember
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 21:55:19 -0400

Christian Zang <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear org-enthusiasts,
>
> I have a remember template to file away quick notes and todos that looks like
>
> (setq org-remember-templates
>       '(("Todo" ?t "*** TODO %?\n %i\n" "~/Org/inbox.org" "Inbox")))
>
> When a invoke a remember buffer and write something like
>
> *** TODO Task 1
>
> *** TODO Task 2
>
> and file it away in my inbox.org file using C-c C-c everything is fine, but
> when I choose a different headline (level 2) via C-1 C-c C-c, only the first
> of the two tasks will get filed under the chosen headline, the other one
> disappears.
>
> Is this the intended behaviour? Or am I overlooking an important variable, or
> lies the problem in my template? If so, what can I do to change my setup, so
> that every task will get filed under the chosen headline?
>
> I am using the latest org-mode (pulled from git 10 min ago) with emacs 23.1
> on Mac OS X 10.6.
>
> Thanks!

Hi Christian,

Yes this is intended behaviour (sort of).  Remember mode is designed for
one task three per filing operation.  I think it files multiple tasks in
the default save configuration but if you file to a target only the
first task is filed.

To work around this I would either invoke remember multiple times, one
for each task or provide a parent task to hold your multiple TODO
entries like this

* TODO refile task
** TODO Task 1
** TODO Task 2

then you refile the entire tree to the target destination.

HTH,
Bernt