[Orgmode] Re: [ANN] org-mime -- using orgmode to send html mail?

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [ANN] org-mime -- using orgmode to send html mail?
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 15:26:57 -0400

Andrew Hyatt <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks! I  finally got it to work. I actually did have the latest
> code, but my issue was that when I upgraded to the new org, I forgot
> to byte-compile before I did M-x org-reload.
>
> After I got your latest code, it all works now.  I'm looking forward
> to using it!

This is one reason I have stopped byte-compiling mine.  I haven't
noticed a speed degradation and it's one less step each time I upgrade
org-mode.  Just check out the version of org I want to play with and

   M-x org-reload

and I'm done.

Other reasons (I can think of immediately):

  - No more issues with compiled version being different than the
    sources -- since there is no compiled version
  - Stack dumps are more readable
  - Hacking on the code is easier
  - Tracking down source commits for bugs with git bisect doesn't need
    extra compilation steps (or time)

Regards,
Bernt