[Orgmode] Re: Feature suggestion: highlights

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Feature suggestion: highlights
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 15:54:51 -0400

Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> writes:

> Ali Tofigh <address@hidden> writes:
>> But you still have the problem that once you use a headline, on any
>> level, then you can't continue writing in the same section as before:
>>
>> * headling
>>   text text text
>> ********* some todo
>> and now what? Now I have to create a new headline to get out of the
>> deeply nested headline. So I can't continue wrting text after the todo
>> that is directly related to the text above it.
>

> Ahhrg - yes. I never use this kind of todo items.
>
> I don't know what the others think of this. But this feels wrong,
> doesn't it? I'd expect an empty line to break out of the todo. Am I
> missing a variable some where?

I believe the 'empty line breaks out' idea is for exporting inline tasks
only - they don't behave that way in regular org files IIRC.

I've tried using inline tasks but they don't work well for my meeting
notes for a few reasons:

  - They break the list if I'm making point form notes (which is what I
    normally do for meeting notes)
  - they look and act like real tasks... so they block marking the
    meeting DONE
  - they show up in the global task list even if the meeting is DONE and
    they were more for information only than real tasks.

Regards,
Bernt