Re: [Orgmode] Feature suggestion: highlights

From: Ali Tofigh
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Feature suggestion: highlights
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:55:12 -0400

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 19:21, Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ali Tofigh <address@hidden> writes:
>> An alternative that may be easier to implement is to extend tagging
>> and todos to list items:
>>
>> - should try the above in project 1    :idea:
>> - Sandy made a good point there!
>> - TODO Sandy wants me to mail her the details
>>
>> Perhaps this has not been a feature that has been requested before.
>> But I believe that if it is implemented, it will be used frequently by
>> users. What do you think?
>

> I frequently use checkboxes:

I'll probably try checkboxes. Thanks for the suggestion.

> There is kind of such a thing you proposed: very deeply nested
> headlines.

But you still have the problem that once you use a headline, on any
level, then you can't continue writing in the same section as before:

* headling
  text text text
********* some todo
and now what? Now I have to create a new headline to get out of the
deeply nested headline. So I can't continue wrting text after the todo
that is directly related to the text above it.

Cheers,
/Ali