Re: [Orgmode] [Patch] M-Right and M-Left behave differently on headings

From: Matti De Craene
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [Patch] M-Right and M-Left behave differently on headings and list items
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 22:37:44 +0200

Hello Carsten, Bastien, others,

>> Excellent question.  I think the cleanest would be that M-left/right
>> on a folded item that does have children throws an error.

I see two alternatives to showing an error:
  (a) First unfold, then proceed with M-left/right
  (b) Act as if M-S-left/right was called ( = current behaviour of
folded list items)

Personally, I like (a) somewhat more than showing error. Then again,
in most cases I would manually unfold first anyway to see what's below
the parent.

Matti