Re: [Orgmode] Re: Emacs 24; view-diary-entries-initially

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Emacs 24; view-diary-entries-initially
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 21:39:07 -0400

Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:

> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Tomas Dahlqvist <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> I have started using Emacs 24 from git.
> >
> > Just a note for the unwary: the emacs project page says
> >
> >      Note that the CVS and Git repositories are *not* up-to-date.
> >
> > IOW, you *have* to use bzr to access the sources, if you intend to keep
> > up-to-date with emacs24 development.
> >

> In my experience, this git mirror stays up-to-date:
>
> http://repo.or.cz/w/emacs.git

Matt,

Thanks very much for the pointer. However, I cannot clone it either
through http or through git:

$ socksify git clone git://repo.or.cz/w/emacs.git
Initialized empty Git repository in
/home/nick/src/emacs/emacs.repo/emacs/.git/cd

$ rm -rf emacs

$ git clone http://repo.or.cz/w/emacs.git
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/nick/src/emacs/emacs.repo/emacs/.git/
warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.

This was at work through a SOCKS proxy - I'll try again from home without a
proxy,
but in the meantime, can you check whether it works for you?

Thanks,
Nick