[Orgmode] Re: due today notification

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: due today notification
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:01:21 -0400

Hi Buck,

Buck Brody <address@hidden> writes:

> Sorry, I don't think I properly described what I am looking for.  I
> want a visual indicator (like a tag or a face) of tasks due today, but
> I don't want to do a specific search.  The idea would be that, within a
> view of all tasks, I would be able to see at a glance which were due
> today.  Does that make sense?

I'm not aware of any such functionality. One solution, I suppose, would
be to use org-map-entries and a custom function to add a tag to all
entries due today. But adding the tags with org-map-entries would likely
be just as slow as a search, so there may not be much point.

(info "(org) Using the mapping API")

> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     C-c / m DEADLINE="<today>" [RET]

Might I ask why the sparse tree search above or a simple agenda view of
deadlines is inadequate? The daily agenda provides a nice view of all
deadlines, making clear which are due today and which are past due. And
with a custom agenda command you can see only those items that are due
today:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("d" "Due today" agenda ""
         ((org-agenda-entry-types '(:deadline))