Re: [Orgmode] Easter without using org-agenda-holidays?

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Easter without using org-agenda-holidays?
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:18:11 +0100

On 28/04/10 05:00, andrew mcintosh wrote:
I'm Canadian and have made an .org file including all the major Canadian
holidays in it except for the Easter holidays.  Is there a way to include it
without using org-agenda-holidays?  I'm not interested in knowing when it's
Columbus Day, and more importantly, the American Thanksgiving is conflicts with
the Canadian Thanksgiving (they're not even in the same month!)

I think the simplest way is just to include the actual date in your org file. If you want a challenge here are a couple of ways of finding the date for Easter using elisp. You might be able to use this to return a diary sexp, that you can include in your org file:

http://github.com/soren/elisp/blob/master/da-kalender.el
http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/emacs/emacs-54/emacs/lisp/calendar/holidays.el?txt

Ian.