[Orgmode] Re: OrgmodeOrg-export-generic and wikis...

From: Wes Hardaker
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: OrgmodeOrg-export-generic and wikis...
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 06:57:32 -0700

RG> 1. Would it be reasonable to move the documentation for
RG> org-export-generic into the contrib/ directory of org-mode?  It
RG> seems ... suboptimal to have this package be maintained in the org
RG> git repo, but its documentation in the worg git repo.  At least from
RG> my PoV this raises the bar for keeping the documentation up-to-date
RG> and synchronized to a pretty high level.

I'll let Carsten answer questions like that ;-)

RG> 2. Is the existing "handle each line separately" algorithm going to
RG> permit us to handle faces correctly?  Seems like we'll need a lot of
RG> hair to handle, e.g., a phrase in italics that straddles a line-break,
RG> won't we?

Well, that's a good question and one I don't have a great answer for.
We could switch the parser to be multi-line based regexp matches but I
suspect the complexity of when to stop those regexps will get rather
harry too!
--
Wes Hardaker
My Pictures:  http://capturedonearth.com/