Re: [Orgmode] Does anyone use "Jump" C-c C-j

From: Anthony Lander
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Does anyone use "Jump" C-c C-j
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:37:05 -0400

On 10-Apr-29, at 10:27 AM, David Frascone wrote:
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm not sure what either of you is saying here.  C-c C-j works very
simply: the little help window pops up but the key sequences (arrows
and TAB basically) allow me to move in the original buffer until I hit
RET at which point the popup disappears and I'm in the original buffer
at the new location.

Am I missing something?

When I did that, it started with all of the headings closed.  If I'm looking for something nested, it's VERY hard to use, or, I am doing something wrong.  See how easy it is for you to find something at level 3, for example.

David,

You are also able to do incremental search from the jump command. Just start typing the level 3 heading you're looking for, and you will be brought there as if you used C-s.

  -Anthony