[Orgmode] Re: Linking Mail ?

From: David Frascone
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Linking Mail ?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:09:08 -0600

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:
David Frascone <address@hidden> writes:

> I finally got gnus working with my gmail account.  (I didn't want to
> try my work account first, because too many failed logins will lock it,
> and I have to call IT . . . Pain in the . . )
> But, in a nutshell, it is simply WAY too slow.

Could you explain what was slow? I find Gnus to be as fast as any mail
reader I've used, but it all depends on how one sets it up and whether
one uses other processes to fetch mail:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusSpeed

It's slow because I use nnimap :)

Maybe I don't need to.  I think I need nnimap so I can check mail with my phone too.  But, perhaps I am mistaken.  Do any of you use gnus & another device to read mail, when you're not at your computer?  If so, how do you handle things?

> I don't mind a command line mail, though I prefer a gui with nice
> keyboard shutcuts.  I used mutt for many, many years . . . . but, gnus
> is not mutt.  I don't think an e-macs mail reader will really work for
> links,

I do not understand what you mean here.

I was simply saying that I was not biased away from gnus because it wasn't pretty.  In fact, I'm still willing to give it a shot.  Even if IMAP isn't the best solution, I can always work out something with fetchmail / procmail, but, I still need a way to be able to read / check e-mail on my phone, even if it has already been gathered by fetchmail.  I used to love the way Mail.app could download mail, but still leave it on the server for some time . . that could be a solution, since I'm sure fetchmail can do that too . . .

-Dave