Re: [Orgmode] Does anyone use "Jump" C-c C-j

From: William Henney
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Does anyone use "Jump" C-c C-j
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 12:31:51 -0500

Hi all

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Carsten Dominik
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On Apr 29, 2010, at 5:27 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:15:53 -0600, David Frascone <address@hidden>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> except for aquamacs opening the help in another window.  I think I
>>> need to go back to Emacs.app
>>
>> This, unfortunately, I cannot help with, having never used a
>> Mac... (I'm linux 100% and have been since '92).  I have no idea what
>> the difference between Emacs.app and Aquamacs may be...
>
> AquaEmacs tries to be like other Mac Applications, which all open a new
> frame for each document.
>
> I think you can get i back to more normal Emacs behavior by customizing
>
> `pop-up-frames', `pop-up-windows', `display-buffer-reuse-frames'.

Actually, I think you just need to do

(setq special-display-regexps nil)

to get Aquamacs to behave "properly"

See http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/AquamacsEmacsCompatibilitySettings

Cheers

Will

--

  Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia