Re: [Orgmode] A shorter manual

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] A shorter manual
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 16:12:28 +0200

On Apr 28, 2010, at 8:43 PM, Matti De Craene wrote:

- 2.8 Drawers
- 3.2 Column width and alignment
- 3.3 The Spreadsheet (4 rather technical pages)
- 7.4 Property Inheritance and 7.5 Column View
(do beginners really need properties at all ??)

I would agree on this list (except maybe drawers).

If there is room for additional sections maybe:
- include the org ref card as an appendix (which in itself offers a
very good overview of org)
- include some pointers into getting emacs for different OSes and
getting started with emacs. If there would be an O´Reilly book on
Org-mode this would be in the first chapter or so. For people who
started using emacs because of org (like me) the current Introduction
might still be too cryptic (?)

Would you like to write that introduction?

- Carsten