Re: [Orgmode] [babel] Future of Org-babel?

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] Future of Org-babel?
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 12:00:35 -0500

My pie-in-the-sky extension of this dream would be to have Org-babel
firmly ground in some virtual machine (maybe Guile's if Emacs is ported
to Guile), in such a way that the byte-code of the VM becomes the lowest
common denominator of all Org-babel languages.  This would allow for
seamless integration of languages which compile to run on the VM, and
for all other languages this would provide a great speed/efficiency
boost over Emacs Lisp.  I should disclaim that without having given this
much serious though I could be missing some critical road blocks.

Regardless, the technology will have to be called ".ORG". :)