Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-crypt symmetric encryption patch

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-crypt symmetric encryption patch
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 07:12:47 +0200

On May 7, 2010, at 5:17 PM, Peter Jones wrote:

Rick Moynihan <address@hidden> writes:
I've patched org-crypt to use symmetric encryption.  If org-crypt-key
is nil a symmetric cipher is used.

That seems like a pretty simple change.  The documentation for
epg-encrypt-string says:

,----
| If RECIPIENTS is nil, it performs symmetric encryption.
`----

So, I guess this is right.

OK, I have applied this patch.

 We should probably update the documentation
for org-crypt to say that if you don't set a crypt key it will default
to symmetric encryption.

I have changed this i the file header of org-crypt.el.  However, this
reminded me hat encryption is no documented in the manual.  Would one
of you like to identify  location in a manual where this would fit in
and write a short addition to fix this?

Thanks.

- Carsten