[Orgmode] Re: Poll: Who is using these commands

From: Vagn Johansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Poll: Who is using these commands
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 13:56:45 +0200

> How many of your are using these keys
>
> C-c C-f
> C-c C-b
> C-c C-n
> C-c C-p

I use them because I need to navigate the outline structure and they
are the only keybindings I know of.

I just realized (by looking in org.el) that org mode has another way
to navigate the ouline that I did not know about:

   http://orgmode.org/manual/Speed-keys.html

I have tried these and it seems I would not need the C-c C-<key>
bindings then.

Maybe you are thinking of removing the C-c bindings and setting
org-use-speed-commands to t?

If that is the case, suppose you are in the middle a big text
chunk. Then you would still need org-backward-same-level to get
quickly access to the speed commands.

--
Vagn Johansen