[Orgmode] Re: Exporting to single LaTeX file and multiple HTML files

From: Ulf Stegemann
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Exporting to single LaTeX file and multiple HTML files
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 10:21:33 +0200

Hi David, Eric, all,

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:

> Possibly one of these...
> - http://eschulte.github.com/babel-dev/publish.html
> - http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-jekyll.php

thank you both for the pointers, they all look interesting and I'll have
a closer look at it soon.

Originally, I've asked the question because of a forthcoming project
with a rather large documentation where I'd like to advocate org as
documentation system. However, since the whole thing has been postponed,
the matter is less pressing.

Nevertheless, I think that having a functionality to split files on
export would be a nice improvement of org mode. If I would really need
this some day, I'd probably write something to achieve it but certainly
not in elisp as it would take me far too long due to lack of skill. I'd
rather go for a ruby, perl or even shell script for post-processing the
export.

However, such post-processing would certainly not be the very best
solution, an implementation in elisp would be much better.

Regarding the split criteria, I'd say that splitting by section level is
probably the most common case, although keeping track of the section
numbering may pose a problem as David has already mentioned. Splitting
by tag may be also useful. Ideally, section level or tag could be
defined as export option.

As said, the topic has been currently put on hold for me, but I'd
nevertheless appreciate any hints and pointers regarding it.

Ulf