Re: [Orgmode] Poll: Who is using these commands

From: Andrew Burrow
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Poll: Who is using these commands
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 18:13:29 +1000

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 7:14 PM, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
I am wondering:

How many of your are using these keys

C-c C-f
C-c C-b
C-c C-n
C-c C-p

for navigation through the outline?  These are first class keys,
and I would have good uses for these keys if most people don't actually use them.

I found their action difficult to follow.  Compare C-left.  In most environments, if the cursor is within a word, it first moves to the start of the word, and subsequently moves to the preceding word.

C-c C-b breaks this idiom.  I found this so jarring that I gave up using these keys.

regards

Andrew