Re: [Orgmode] Hyperlinks capable?

From: Jan Böcker
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Hyperlinks capable?
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 16:58:33 +0200

On 05/12/2010 08:07 PM, Bob Paje wrote:

> Does Org-mode understand Windows shortcuts and Web hyperlinks?
> Can a simple press of the RETURN key (a la Outlook) open a new window to
> the shortcut file/folder or the web page, as it may be?
>
> bob

Org supports hyperlinks to a lot of different things, including web
URLs. Take a look at chapter 4, "Hyperlinks", in the manual:

http://orgmode.org/manual/Hyperlinks.html#Hyperlinks

I do not know what exactly you mean by "Windows shortcuts". You can link
to any file on your hard disk; if you have not told it otherwise, Org
will tell Windows to open the file with its associated application.

You might also be able to link to an actual windows shortcut (.lnk or
.pif files), although I don't think you'd want to that :)

HTH, Jan