Re: [Orgmode] Hyperlinks capable?

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Hyperlinks capable?
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 15:27:32 +0200

Bob Paje <address@hidden> writes:

> Does Org-mode understand Windows shortcuts  and Web hyperlinks?
> Can a simple press of the RETURN key (a la Outlook) open a new window to
> the shortcut file/folder or the web page

Jan Böcker has already answered to you regarding the web part.
I'll answer for the Windows part. My OS is Windows XP SP 3.
I double clicked with the mouse over the links.

directory:
  [[C:\Documents and Settings\My-User\Documents\AAA\BBB\]]
  Windows opens Explorer in the BBB directory

file:
  [[C:\Documents and Settings\My-User\Documents\AAA\BBB\text.org]]
  text.org is opened in Emacs

  For other files: pdf, doc...
  depends on the application you have selected to open the file;
  for me the following link, to a file.doc, worked:
  [[C:\Documents and Settings\My-User\Documents\AAA\BBB\text.doc]]

shortcuts:
I have a link (shortcut in English?) to a directory:
  [[C:\Documents and Settings\My-User\Documents\link-to-BBB]]
  But when I click on it the BBB directory is not opened and I get an
  error message:
  org-open-file: No such
  file: c:/Documents and Settings/My-User/Documents/link-to-BBB

hth
Giovanni