[Orgmode] Re: Code snippet for Message Sequence Diagram export

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Code snippet for Message Sequence Diagram export
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 19:04:14 -0400

Juan <address@hidden> writes:

> Below goes code snippet using org-babel instead of org-export.

Hi Juan,

Thanks, we'd be pleased to include this in org-babel. First question is:
if you haven't already, can you sign FSF copyright transfer forms for
Emacs / Org-mode?

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.php

And a couple of little questions:

- I think I'd prefer to get rid of the org-mscgen-path variable, and
  simply require that mscgen is on the user's $PATH. Is that OK or am I
  missing a reason for doing it differently?
- Is it definitely correct to automatically wrap the user's code in msg
  { ... }? I initially fell into the trap of including that inside my
  code block. I do not know the language; are there situations where the
  desired mscgen code will not be generated by wrapping everything in a
  msg { ... } block?
- If you are feeling energetic, it would be really nice to check the
  exit code from the shell-command and use org-babel-error-notify if
  necessary, similar to this fragment from org-babel-python

                     (setq exit-code (org-babel-shell-command-on-region
                                      (point-min) (point-max) "python" nil
'replace (current-buffer)))
                     (buffer-string))))
             (if (> exit-code 0) (org-babel-error-notify exit-code stderr))

  (Looks like we should be doing this in org-babel-ditaa also)

Thanks again,

Dan