[Orgmode] Re: Code snippet for Message Sequence Diagram export

From: Juan
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Code snippet for Message Sequence Diagram export
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 22:24:10 -0300

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 07:04:14PM -0400, Dan Davison wrote:
> Juan <address@hidden> writes:
> > Below goes code snippet using org-babel instead of org-export.

> Thanks, we'd be pleased to include this in org-babel. First question is:
> if you haven't already, can you sign FSF copyright transfer forms for
> Emacs / Org-mode?
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.php

I just sent the email to gnu.org

> And a couple of little questions:
>
> - I think I'd prefer to get rid of the org-mscgen-path variable, and
>   simply require that mscgen is on the user's $PATH. Is that OK or am I
>   missing a reason for doing it differently?

You're right. I'll get rid of it.

That variable was inherited from both ditaa (which I used as a
template) and my non-standard path (darwin-ports on mac).

> - Is it definitely correct to automatically wrap the user's code in msg
>   { ... }? I initially fell into the trap of including that inside my
>   code block. I do not know the language; are there situations where the
>   desired mscgen code will not be generated by wrapping everything in a
>   msg { ... } block?

All the mscgen script must go inside msg{ ... }. 1st version was an
org-export block, so I felt OK not having to include that every time.

But now that it's gone to org-babel -which is more source-code purist
with the literate programming halo- I'd rather make the user include
the complete mscgen source code.

Eventually (version 2), it can be made optional (check if the msc{ }
wrapper is not there and add it on the fly).

> - If you are feeling energetic, it would be really nice to check the
>   exit code from the shell-command and use org-babel-error-notify if
>   necessary

I'll look into it.

Thank you for your support!

Saludos,