Re: [Orgmode] Re: Let's TALK about it

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Let's TALK about it
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 16:46:41 -0600

Andrea Crotti <address@hidden> writes:

> "Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:
>> So, I hope it goes well, and I'd second Tom's point that if you do end
>> up working Org-mode/babel into your talk we'd love to see a video and/or
>> hear how it was received.
>
> Ok finally I did the talk...

That's great

> Unfortunately it had to be in italian and I have no video yet, BUT
> I've set up an emacs configuration with org-mode for the talk which
> now I've extended quite a lot
> http://github.com/AndreaCrotti/Emacs-configuration
>
> you might be interested to give it a look.
>
> I want to do something very generic that everyone can use, setting its
> own private variables somewhere else (for example in custom.el).

One option for placing personal configuration into public config files
is to use org-babel and to place the personal variables *outside* of
emacs-lisp code blocks in tables or external lists.  For example with
recent versions of org-babel the following

#+tblname: configuration-variables
| parameter   | value              |
| script-path | ~/.emacs.d/scripts |

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :var config=configuration-variables[2,1]
  (message "script dir is %s" config)
#+end_src

will tangle to

(let ((config (quote "~/.emacs.d/scripts")))
(message "script dir is %s" config)
)

Cheers -- Eric