Re: [Orgmode] org-entities-user

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-entities-user
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:53:31 +0200

Hi,

Nathaniel Flath wrote:
Hello,
I've been setting up org-entities-user with a few custom symbols, and managed to get a few aliases for items already in org-entities, but i'm a bit stuck on adding new items - specifically, the mathbb versions of Z and R (the symbols for the sets of integers and reals). I can't seem to find the UTF-8, latin-1, or HTML encodings of these entities - and I'm not sure how to input the utf-8 or latin-1 even if I do. Does anyone know how to do this?

Yes, google... :)
The search string `symbol Z "set of integers" utf8' gives you a nice first hit.

HTML entities for double-struck capital Z and R are:

R: ℝ (decimal), ℝ (hex)
Z: ℤ (decimal), ℤ (hex)

Latin-1 does not support these characters. Fall back on plain "Z" and "R" or use a description like "[set of integers]".

To type in the character in Windows, hold down the Alt key while typing the hex code, e.g. `211d' for R. On the Mac, open the Character Palette and jump to Letterlike Symbols.

In Emacs, you can select the Unicode input method with

`C-x <RET> C-\ ucs <RET>'

Then typing U followed by the hex code, `U211d', will get you the double-struck R.

Christian Moe