Re: [Orgmode] Persistent filters in Org mode

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Persistent filters in Org mode
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:40:22 +0200

On May 20, 2010, at 1:23 AM, Thomas Morgan wrote:

Hi, Carsten,

I think this is good - so if you agree, I will apply your patch
and rename the variable to ...persistent-filter

That would be great, thanks.

The main thing I am missing now is a command to edit the filter
in the minibuffer.  Or, if there's a separate persistent filter,
perhaps the command could edit that if given an argument.

It might also be useful to save filters to registers and restore
them later.

I guess a command to edit the filter, and a dedicated history variable
for that command would be good enough?  Would you like to make this
command and send me a combined patch with both changes?

Alternatively, what do you think of the idea of saving
a complete agenda view to a register (including the filter)?
The register would contain all the information necessary to
recreate the agenda view, and there would be a command to
restore it.

That might be nice! Or a way to interactively create a view and then turn it into a custom command with one key...

- Carsten