Re: [Orgmode] GNOWSYS emacs web services (was: Re: Is there a good way

From: Nagarjuna G
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] GNOWSYS emacs web services (was: Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?)
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 23:15:16 +0530

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 3:48 AM, Sandro Giessl
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Nagarjuna,
>
> I happily discovered that a student was assigned to this project [1] in
> this year's GSoC:
>
>  GNOWSYS emacs web services for The GNU Project
>
>  Abstract:   Idea is to develop an emacs like editor with the org
>  specific semantics for the purpose of note taking & authoring. Applying
>  the rules of Org notations, it can also be extended to incorporate
>  gnowsys-mode as it currently works in emacs. Export like features of
>  Org-mode will be made possible in this editor by communicating through
>  local emacs server. All the gnowsys-mode specific commands will pass on
>  the request to the GNOWSYS server via local emacs daemon.
>
> So this sounds like it's going to be generic enough to be useful for
> orgmode as well.  I imagine smartphone+orgmode users will profit from
> this, because the web browser would be a nice interface in addition to
> using emacs' gui/terminal interface.

Thanks for your interest and appreciation!

Yes, indeed.  It is going to be generic and initially we would want
the orgmode macros to work. Since gnowsys-mode is developed on top of
orgmode, gnowsys specific macros would work as well.  We indent to use
it mainly for rendering org buffer into html.  Ultimate objective is
to save web documents on the server side in pure text, not even html.

We will update this list when we begin to get some results.  The
student just started her work recently.  If you or any others on this
list would like to contribute in terms of ideas, that will be great.

--
Nagarjuna