Re: [Orgmode] Export question

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Export question
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 15:40:34 -0500

On 5/25/10 May 25 -6:52 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:

> On May 25, 2010, at 5:09 AM, Robert Goldman wrote:
>
>> I have the org-generic-export working better, but I'm having one
>> remaining problem:
>>
>> I have been using org-export-preprocess-string to make it possible to
>> handle emphasis (previously o-g-e couldn't handle emphasis because it
>> did the translation line-by-line).
>>
>> org-export-preprocess-string has fixed the problem of emphasis that
>> crosses line boundaries, so that I can handle fontification.
>>
>> But now I have a problem of o-e-p-s smashing together more than one list
>> item into a single line, if those list items are on adjacent lines, like
>>
>> + foo
>> + bar
>>
>> question:  is this just something we should never do?  Should list items
>> always have line skips in the middle?  Or am I misusing o-e-p-s?
>

> I cannot reproduce this.  But you give little context.  Please make a
> more detailed example, maybe a simple test case where you throw some
> data at o-e-p-s and it comes back wrong...

You were right and I was wrong.  I thought it was a problem with
o-e-p-s, but it turns out to be a problem with org-generic-export's
line-by-line processing.  Sorry about the red herring.  I have a fix to
org-generic-export that will handle this.

I am working on a wiki format (tikiwiki: tikiwiki.org) where the
processor decides that any line breaks indicate intent to preformat on
the part of the user.  It's turning out to be quite difficult to
harmonize this with line-by-line processing a la org-generic-export.

best,