Re: [Orgmode] org-export-as-pdf: Unable to disable timestamp

From: David Maus
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-export-as-pdf: Unable to disable timestamp
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 09:50:41 +0200

chandan wrote:
>Hi,
>    I am using org-mode available on GNU Emacs 23.2. org-export-as-pdf
>generates a *.pdf file with a timestamp at the beginning even though I
>have added the following line in my *.org file.

The timestamp option does not work, because the date is not a
timestamp, but whatever the in-buffer option #+DATE is set to or, if
there is no such in-buffer option, (current-time).

It's not exactly an Org mode issue: To create a PDF document, Org mode
first exports the file to LaTeX and than calls the LaTeX processor to
create to PDF file.  Upon exporting to LaTeX Org inserts a line with
the date into the document (e.g. \date{01 Juni 2010}).

But, whether or not the date is displayed in the PDF first depends on
the LaTeX class you use.  E.g. the class (like article, report etc.)
makes an assumption what should be shown in the beginning ("title") of
a document.

So, there are two options: Either change the LaTeX class or as a
workaround simply set the #+DATE option to an empty string.

,----
| #+DATE:
`----

HTH