[Orgmode] How to get the last version of org-mode supporting emacs21?

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: [Orgmode] How to get the last version of org-mode supporting emacs21?
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 13:21:11 +0200

I have some RHEL4 machines where I have no admin privileges where I
would like to use org-mode, without having to build a newer version of
emacs myself and install it under my own user.

Is it possible to figure out how to use git to get to the last version
prior to removing the emacs 21 compatibility code?

Is it possible to take the compatibility code removal changes and apply
them to the most recent version of the code?  (I think not, but I don't
know just how much such "magic" git is capable of...)

Or is it better to just get the last released version that has the emacs
21 compatiblity code, than to use git? (since I can't upgrade to newer
versions anyway...)

Thanx!

- Steinar