Re: [Orgmode] entity font-locking problem when inserting text in middle

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] entity font-locking problem when inserting text in middle of buffer
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 08:05:25 +0100

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 08:34:05 +0200, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> On Jun 3, 2010, at 9:23 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I don't think this is something that can be fixed but it has been
> > driving me crazy so I thought I'd email to point it out in case
> > anybody else runs into it.  If you have org-pretty-entities set to t,
> > org-mode does a lovely job of showing all kinds of characters.
> > However, the regexp for the font-locking for this makes sense for when
> > adding text to the end of a buffer or with point immediately before
> > any :alnum: character (e.g. not a space).  It makes less sense if you
> > start inserting some text in the middle of a sentence, say, which I do
> > often when writing papers...

[...]

> I think that it should behave much better now, please give it a try.
> Also the problem in comment lines should be gone, hopefully.

Both aspects working just fine this morning!  Many thanks.

> > If, instead, point were at the first "t" in "some text", there's no
> > problem inserting "\left".
>
> Good opportunity to plug cdlatex.el.  If you have it installed and
> then turn on org-cdlatex-mode, one of the many things that will work
> then is:

yes, time to look at org-cdlatex-mode again.  I did look at it a while
ago but it kind of dropped out of my conscious mind because I didn't
really need it at that time (partly because this was before org beamer
support...).  Thanks for the reminder.
--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D