Re: [Orgmode] Worldcup + time zone question

From: Juan Pechiar
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Worldcup + time zone question
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 23:20:09 -0300

Here is a quick and dirty function to update all timestamps in a
buffer by N hours:

8<----------------------------------------

(defun uphours ( n )
  "update all timestamps n hours"
  (interactive "nAdd hours: ")
  (save-excursion
    (goto-char (point-min))
     (while (re-search-forward "[[<]" nil t)
       (when (org-at-timestamp-p t)
         (org-timestamp-change n 'hour)
         ))))

8<----------------------------------------

S.Africa is UTC+2. To change to UTC-3 call with -5 as argument.

Use and modify as needed.

Regards,
.j.

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 10:48:14PM +0300, Dirk-Jan C. Binnema wrote:
> I made a little org-mode schedule for the Football World Cup in South-Africa
> (attached); it may be useful for some.
>
> Anyway, my question: the times are the local times in South Africa -- is there
> some way to have the times shown in my org-agenda automatically corrected for
> my local time zone?

> #+STARTUP:content
> #+category:FIFA2010
>
> Note: all time are local (UTC+2 times)
>
> * Group A                                                                :A:
> ** Uruguay        - France           <2010-06-11 Fri 20:30>

(will we beat France on Friday?)